Government Way Project - Hanley Ave to Prairie Ave
- Plan: The City of Hayden has joined together with the cities of Dalton Gardens and Coeur d’Alene to reconstruct Government Way. Hayden’s portion is small (Aqua Circle to Prairie Ave) but needed.
- Current Status: The City of Coeur d’Alene is the lead agency for this project. They have completed their right-of-way acquisitions and will be putting the project to bid Spring 2017 with construction planned for 2018.
Hayden Avenue Reconstruction - Government Way to Highway 95
- Plan: This is Phase 1 of the Hayden Corridor Improvements Project. Phase 1 is to widen Hayden Ave. to 3 lanes, add curbing and sidewalks, as well as trees in order to improve the safety, functionality, and aesthetics of this area.
- Current Status: The City is in the process of acquiring the required right-of-way needed. Construction is scheduled to begin Summer 2017.
Chip Sealing 2017
- Plan: Over the last few years, the City has partnered with the cities of Dalton Gardens and
Coeur d’Alene to jointly bid the cities chip sealing projects in order to be fiscally responsible with the tax payer’s money. This year, Hayden plans to do the same in order to provide maintenance for our streets The areas to be chip sealed are roadways in Woodland Meadows and Government Way from Prairie Ave to Miles Ave
- Current Status: Work is anticipated to take place in August.
Honeysuckle Ave ADA/Pedestrian Ramps (Citylink Bus Stops)
- Plan: The City received a grant from the Idaho Transportation Department to improve sidewalks and access to the bus route with ADA access improvements from US 95 to Davis Court.
- Current Status: The Final design has been submitted to the Idaho Transportation Department for review.
The construction is expected to be completed in the summer of 2017.
Searchable interactive maps detailing yearly street maintenance plans and snow plowing routes are HERE.