The City's chip seal projects have been completed.
Government Way Project - Hanley Ave to Prairie Ave
- Plan: The City of Hayden has joined together with the cities of Dalton Gardens and Coeur d’Alene to reconstruct Government Way. Hayden’s portion is small (Aqua Circle to Prairie Ave) but needed.
- Current Status: The City of Coeur d’Alene is the lead agency for this project. They have completed their right-of-way acquisitions and will be putting the project to bid Fall 2017 with construction planned for 2018.
Hayden Avenue Reconstruction - Government Way to Highway 95
- Plan: This is Phase 1 of the Hayden Corridor Improvements Project. Phase 1 is to widen Hayden Ave. to 3 lanes, add curbing and sidewalks, as well as trees in order to improve the safety, functionality, and aesthetics of this area.
- Current Status: The City is in the process of acquiring the required right-of-way needed. Construction is scheduled to begin Summer 2018.
Honeysuckle Ave ADA/Pedestrian Ramps (Citylink Bus Stops)
- Plan: The City received a grant from the Idaho Transportation Department to improve sidewalks and access to the bus route with ADA access improvements from US 95 to Davis Court.
- Current Status: The Final design has been submitted to the Idaho Transportation Department for review.
The construction is expected to be completed in the Fall of 2017.