Permits assure that a building meets minimum life safety and structural standards. The City is responsible for the issuance of building and mechanical permits. Please note that electrical, plumbing and sewer permits are issued by the State of Idaho, Division of Building Safety (IDS). For information on IDS permits and codes, please contact them at (800) 955-3044 or on the web at https://dbs.idaho.gov/.
The City of Hayden adopted the following codes with City amendments and are in effect as of January 1, 2018.
- International Building Code (IBC), 2015 edition
- International Existing Building Code (IEBC), 2015 edition
- International Residential Code (IRC) 2012 edition (2017 Idaho Residential Code)
- International Mechanical Code (IMC), 2012 edition
- International Fuel/Gas Code (IFGC), 2012 edition
- International Property Maintenance Code (IPMC), 2012 edition
- International Energy Conservation Code (IECC), 2015 (2017 Idaho Energy Conservation Code)
- International Fire Code (IFC), 2015 edition (Idaho Fire Code 2017)
- Accessible and Usable Buildings and Facilities, ICC A117.1-2009
Use the following design criteria in Hayden:
- Seismic Design Category: C
- Wind speed: 90 mph (115 mph 3 second gust)
- Frost depth: 24” minimum
- Prescriptive Roof snow load (for residential design only):
- South of Miles Avenue 40 lbs per sq ft minimum
- North of Miles Avenue – 50 lbs per sq ft minimum
- Prescriptive Ground snow load (for residential design only):
- South of Miles Avenue – 60 lbs per sq ft
- North of Miles Avenue – 70lbs per sq ft
- Prescriptive Soil bearing capacity: 1500 psf (without soils investigation)
- Commercial designs shall be based on site specific ground snow load conditions and the requirements of the IBC 2015.
The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.
Documents sorted by SEQ in Ascending Order within category